Family Visits and The One Way Car Rental Fiasco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
September 17th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.7605, -95.3698

Family Visits and The One Way Car Rental Fiasco

When we arrived in Houston we had made arrangements to rent a car one-way and return it when we got back to Austin after visiting with relatives and friends in Houston. Had nice visit with family and actually got to see some of our friends as well in this very short visit.

Drove the car back to Austin International Airport and turned it in. Guess being tired, not thinking clearly, whatever the excuse did not get a receipt for turning the car in. The lady at the window said they would be emailing me the receipt later that evening. Put the incident out of my mind and then we get a phone call from the car rental company. They said we had not returned the car and we needed to call them immediately or they would consider the car stolen. Called them and explained the situation and they took notes and said all would be handled.

That was not what happened. It took several different calls and emails to the company to finally get the issue resolved. Word of advice: NEVER LEAVE THE COUNTER WITHOUT A RECEIPT!!!

Had more family visits in Austin and even managed to get in a trip out to McKinney Falls to spend one night there before heading back to Llano to regroup and head to Santa Fe.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb