View From The Top, Our Last Night in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 16th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

Our final day and we have to get ourselves packed up and ready for an early morning bus to the airport. We have to pick up our other two bags before 8:00 a.m. or be charged for another day.

Pack for a while, blog for a while and then we finally had it all done! We decided to go to Printemps for sunset and once we got there decided to stay and have dinner as well. It was salads and appetizer food but was just fine and we were not far from our place.

Had quite a nice time enjoying the view and all the scene going on around us. Back to our room and set the alarm for early wakeup so we could make the 7:00 a.m. bus.

Made it to the Roissy bus stop at Opera in plenty of time and evidently they run on a very strict departure schedule because they did not let everyone that was in line on the bus but told them there was another bus coming. Glad we made the first bus because we then had to find our way to the left luggage area. Made it there, got our luggage, repacked and weighed all the bags and went to have a cup of coffee before we checked in.

When we went to check in, the man at the counter told us we had to go to the oversize checkin because two of our bags were oversize even though they had not been on the way here! The flight to Frankfurt was uneventful and we did get some rest at the airport before our flight to Houston.

This leg was also fine except there was some weather as we were approaching Houston and we were very tired by the time we landed because we had been up since 5:30 and were traveling against the time zones. No problems at immigration or customs and then to the rent car place.

Filled out all the proper paperwork and were told to just go and find one of the cars in the budget section. Could not believe it, there was a four door with a trunk in the parking lot waiting for us. Managed to make our way out of the maze of car rental land and headed for Haley's. Once again thankful for the GPS to get us where we aer going.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb