It's all about birthdays...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
June 20th 2005
Published: August 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Maximus is FIVE!Maximus is FIVE!Maximus is FIVE!

Always the kid with the BLUE light sabor.

Well, I guess I forgot to tell you about my birthday—so to recap…. Impromptu festivities in Santa Barbara! Which started and ended at the El Encanto Hotel overlooking the beautiful Santa Barbara Harbor. Felic, Ben, Kat & Mark, Kelly, Elizabeth and I all met for cocktails on the patio. Then the ladies and I headed to the Four-Season Biltmore for a delicious 4course dinner. After that, back downtown to meet up with Mattie, Kyle, and Dave for more cocktails and some dancing at the James Joyce. As a bonus I ran into a couple of old friends and we partied late into the night…only to awake to the “fancy “ room service served on the porch swing. Ahh the life! Not bad for 33, huh?

JUNE 2005
Sadly, I was sick for a portion of June and travel was kept to a minimum, but Casey and Maximus both had birthdays (2 and 5 yrs) this month that I was pleased to be around to participate in. For Casey we had a nice quiet dinner at the Havemann house. Uncle Benton was in town and we got to catch up and plan some possible travel excursions in October…Maximus on the other hand, had the Official Star Wars Birthday Party. Lots of kids swinging light sabors (hand made by Yvonne) and each munchkin wearing his/her own personalized Jedi necklace…it was a hoot. Yvonne throws quite the party and Felic and I assisted with implementing all the activities. I gotta admit, I was exhausted by the end of the day!!

HOUSTON, TEXAS
A quick flight to Houston, for a long weekend. A chance to catch up with my friend Jerry and meet some cute Texas boys. Personally, I was holding out for Matthew McConaughey—but clearly no such luck. Instead, we lived like the locals and were toured around the city. We met some great folks and tagged along with Jerry on his very social, social life. Mostly as is my typical travel M.O.—great food, great drinks and sunshine (in this case-poolside). Texas—I’d make the trip again!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb