Heading Home & Beginning a NEW YEAR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Worth
January 1st 2008
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Returning to our African Summertime.Returning to our African Summertime.Returning to our African Summertime.

We are going to be returning home in the middle of the January Heat...
People often ask, why is it that you love Mission work so much? And Why Africa?
And I begin to think, OK... Do they really want to know? How much can they comprehend or process at one time? Where do I start? Am I going to overload them with what I'm about to say? It's not that I don't love America, Yes, we'll miss our families, but it's just.......

Oh, the thoughts that begin to roll, the faces, the kids, the smiles, the willingness to study, the daily reward of feeling tired and worn out in His service, the satisfaction of a job well done, the knowledge that you are working with some of the most amazing people you know! Knowing that come tomorrow there will be more studies out there than I can get to in a days time, The excitement of knowing who's supporting you from back in the states and how much they love and care for you from where they are! Then there's the family time, dinner at the table, the times when the power is out and we get to play board games by candle light, the friendships of the other missionary families, seeing the growth of the Lord's church daily, seeing what can only be described as the closest thing to the 1st century church that I have ever experienced. We do love Africa, the work we are doing there, and the people who we are so blessed to be working with! For a short time here in the states we try to share that experience with you as we travel around and report on the past year, but we always come away wondering just how much can they grasp from pictures and stories? It will never do justice to seeing it first hand, to holding the hand of someone as they step down into the river after having studied with you out under a tree for the past several hours and the truth touches and pricks their very soul and they obey with a sincere and humble heart, right then and there.

We've talked about how difficult it is to compact a years worth of stories and experiences into a 45 minute slide presentation, but Brent has done a remarkable job as we've traveled around trying to share that excitement with everyone we come into contact with. It's been a long
Where we liveWhere we liveWhere we live

We live in the city of Moshi, in the Country of Tanzania, on the continent of Africa.
trip, but spreading the good news of a work that we love and thrive on, has been a joy! We've enjoyed our visit here in the states with you all so much, but it's time for us to return home and get back to work in Tanzania! We hope that a spark has been lit and that you may find some way to get involved to help support this great work! Thank you to everyone who helped to house and feed us along the way. We've visited several congregations, those who have supported us this past year and a few new ones who are considering joining us in this great effort to Seek and Save the lost in Africa, while building up the Lord's church in the Northeastern area of the country.

The fellowships have been great, the meals have been amazing, The Mexican Food, the Catfish, the quick trips to Taco Bell, trips to Walmart, and each and every McDonalds stop along the way, I think we've got our fill and our cup is truly over flowing as we return to Moshi and we'll cherish each and every remembrance of you along the way.

We had a wonderful Holiday season with our family and loved ones. The kids actually got to see a little snow while we were up in Sayre, OK the weekend before Christmas. They also found an artificial snow sledding place, in a baseball park, sledding down from the stadium seats to the 3rd base line, while we were in town and they had a ball! Not quite enough to make a snow man, but definitely enough to throw a few good snowballs!

Keep the Samfords in your thoughts and prayers as they are heading out on the 31st of Dec. They will arrive in country the week before we do, and we will actually be back in home on the 9th of Jan. Then that following week the Hochdorfs are due to arrive in country on the 17th of Jan. We are thrilled to be adding these two wonderful families to the team, to the missionary family, that we love and miss so much! We're excited to be returning to the land we have been reporting on and sharing with, because we love and cherish the people there so much. The faces, the smiles, the people of the Lord's church are always a sweet welcome home, no matter where in the world we are headed. In that we are so blessed!

Thank you for everything you are doing and have done!
In His Service & Love,
Brent & Julie Richardson


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The Richardson FamilyThe Richardson Family
The Richardson Family

All together for Christmas
Matt, Pam, Nicole & Andrew RichardsonMatt, Pam, Nicole & Andrew Richardson
Matt, Pam, Nicole & Andrew Richardson

Brent's Older Brother and his family
Kay and kidsKay and kids
Kay and kids

Brent's Oldest Sister Kay and her kids: Kelly, Kevin, & Kaylen
Beth RichardsonBeth Richardson
Beth Richardson

Brent's sister
And Our FamilyAnd Our Family
And Our Family

Brent is the youngest of the 4 siblings
Papa & NannyPapa & Nanny
Papa & Nanny

Brent's Parents: Jim & Wanda Richardson
Visiting santaVisiting santa
Visiting santa

Gracie wasn't so sure about it though...
We'll See You in Africa!We'll See You in Africa!
We'll See You in Africa!

We'll write and let everyone know when we've arrived home safe and sound! Love you all The Richardson family!


28th December 2007

Hey!
Can't wait to have y'all back!

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 133; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb