Tennessee River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
September 11th 2015
Published: September 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Absolutely the best day on the water. I have found the happy medium. The day started out cloudy but warm. The humidity is gone and the sun shine in 80 degree weather is simply Devine.

The Tennessee River is my favourite River, it snakes around, is clean and the scenery is just beautiful. Nice rolling hills, sandstone cliffs with lots of varieties of trees. The traffic is light and there is lots of space to pass. The industrial installations are few and far between and there is an abundance of lovely homes. There is still evidence of flooding with houses on stilts. The bird life is much the same with herons, osprey, egrets and some ducks. No more swallows or Eagles.

We are anchored at Bluff Island on the Tennessee River in Bath Springs Tennessee. A peaceful anchorage, nature, tunes and beer. The food is not bad either, love anchoring.

Day 16 we travelled 73 miles with a total of 1079 miles behind us. We are making excellent time because all we care about is meandering down the river letting the scenery flow by. The water is much cleaner and the debris is behind us, we only have 12 locks to go before we reach the gulf. We take turns driving 10 or so miles at a time so no stress.

Early start tomorrow to where ever the boat will take us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.2mb