Kentucky Lake and Tennessee River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
September 9th 2015
Published: September 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

There was a smorgasbord of weather for our enjoyment today. We set out in beautiful sun which soon turned to a light shower. We then had sun with rolly seas on our stern. Menacing clouds soon appeared and the skies opened up to a downpour and thunder and lightning with bigger rollers on our stern. Our little craft and crew took it all until we dropped anchor in a protected anchorage across from Pebble Isle Marina near Johnsonville Tennessee. Luckily the rain had subsided when the first mate had to drop the anchor.

Kentucky Lake is long and fairly wide and can get some big waves in bad weather. The Tennessee River is actually part of Kentucky Lake so you are on a body of water with two names. The scenery is nice and the water clean but then all water is clean after the muddy Mississippi. Not much traffic and few industrial installations. We are still encountering barges but lots of room to pass.

We saw a fawn in Green Turtle Bay but nothing while on the rivers. Our usual complement of Herons, Osprey and Cormorants.

A nice restful night at anchor last night even with bouts of pouring rain. Off to bed early for an early start down the narrower part of the Tennessee River.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb