The end of the Tennessee River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
September 12th 2015
Published: September 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A long day today but very pleasant.

We had a restful night at Swallow Bluff Island near Saltillo Tennessee. The guide mentioned that there were goats on the island and low and behold, there they were when we set out this morning. They live on the island and apparently have for many years as our guide is not new. There is evidence of a man made shelter so I imagine someone feeds them in the winter.

The weather was ideal and the water like a sheet of glass. Love this River, nice homes clean water and very little traffic. No more floating debris! Gentle rolling hills with limestone rock and lush vegetation.

No shortage of herons, osprey and even wild turkeys today, we even spotted dear on the shoreline.

We transited through the highest lock yet with a rise of 55 feet, no wait time. We are now on the Tenn- Tom waterway other wise known as the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway. We crossed Pickwick lake and fuelled the boat at Aqua Marine where we stayed last time. We had a nice shower there while waiting out a thunderstorm.

We carried on down the canal to reach Bay Springs Lake, near Tishomingo Mississippi, where we are anchored. A total of 80 mikes covered for a total of 1161 miles.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb