Home Green Home


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're home at last and everything is green and lush. It has rained since we arrived. The grass is knee high, but it's too wet to mow, so that will give us a chance to relax a little. Michael came over last night and had supper with us. It was so good to see him; now we can't wait to see David, Misty, Sara and the grandkids.

We had a couple of incidents in our last hundred miles. First, we heard a flapping noise that we weren't sure was coming from our vehicle. We stopped for gas and discovered that the electrical hookup to the camper had become unattached and the plug was dragging in the road. We'll have to replace the plug, but at least we had brake lights for the rest of the trip home. A few miles later, another flapping noise and a rough ride, so we pulled off at the next exit. There we found that the tire on the camper had delaminated and the tread came off. The tire still held air, but the tread was gone. Weird. So after changing the tire, the rest of the trip home was uneventful.

We're glad to be home, but it sure was a great trip. We travelled for 25 days and almost 5,600 miles. Thanks again, Skip and Mary, for your hospitality. Thanks to you, too, Pat and Jim. We had a blast, wish the trip could have been longer. Thanks, Gena and Bob, for travelling with us. We look forward to heading out with you again. Thanks to you who have followed us on our blog, we appreciate your comments. So, until next trip, bye for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb