Stupid Day 1 Again


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello, all. We're on the road with our camper again, this time bringing our grandson, Ethan, along. As seems to be our habit, we've started another trip with screwups.

We were about 2/3 of the way to Chattanooga when Kerry realized we forgot to take the meats we had purchased for our first few days out of the freezer. We will have some nice meals to look forward to when we get back home. And it's no problem to buy more, there are grocery stores on nearly every corner it seems.

We got to Chester Frost County Park in Hixson, TN, with plans to camp 2 nights there. It's a beautiful park with lots of water and nice campsites. We picked out a spot and paid for 2 nights. Then when we started to set up the camper, one of the latches was not entirely unlocked and we broke the lift cable. Rats.

So tonight we are at La Quinta with plans to call the local RV places to get it fixed while we go to the Aquarium with Sara. If we have to take it to a Jayco dealer, then no Aquarium, and we head to Knoxville to the nearest dealer. We're hoping the locals can fix it.

No pictures today, between the spitting rain at the park and the frustration with the camper, I didn't think anyone wanted their picture taken. We did have a nice meal with Sara and Trevor, then Kerry made Trevor drink beer with him and talked his ears off.

Advertisement



23rd June 2009

GOOD GRIEF!!! WHAT A WAY TO START A VACATION. SURE HOPE YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING TAKEN CARE OF AND THE REST OF YOUR TRIP GOES WELL. WE'RE ON THE ROAD TO TUNICA!!! NO RATS! PLENTY OF MEAT! SORRY, NOT A TIME FOR HUMOR! BUT KNOW WE LOVE YOU AND REALLY WANT YOU TO HAVE A GREAT TIME.
23rd June 2009

I remember beer . . .
I chuckled when reading about the beer and talking . . . I remember fondly drinking beer with you two on the Tennessee River and chatting up a storm! Busch Lite or a "real" microbeer?
23rd June 2009

it happens
Sorry for your bad start but at least it gives you something to write about, laugh about, cry? about, you get the picture. Love you and hope things go better. Miss you already. Hello Ethan!!!
26th June 2009

Stupid Day
That's almost as bright as running around with a blown fuse and eschanging a new battery because of it! Welcome to the club !!! Hope that the fix was easy and NOT expensive. Reminds me of lowering the top of the HiLo with the water connection door open !!! DUH! Have a great trip.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.5kb