Children's Museum Again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
January 21st 2005
Published: January 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Children's MuseumChildren's MuseumChildren's Museum

Katherine and Bea entering the playhouse.
Katherine and I went to the Children’s Museum again today. We took Grandma Bea with us, which was great fun. When we entered the building, Katherine immediately headed over to the big black slide. After going up and sliding down a couple of times, we made our way to the good health exhibit where Katherine crawled in and out of the giant heart.
Katherine had fun playing musical instruments in the theatre section. I had to have more woodblock, and boy Katherine gave it to me! Then we moved on to the art area. The play dough station was a little disappointing, because there was only color dough and it was a little to dry to mold.
Katherine had a great time brushing giant teeth at the dental exhibit, and then we went to the grocery store. Katherine checked out twice. The first time she bought a lemon and a cucumber. Pressing the buttons on the register and getting an authentic receipt was so much fun that she HAD to go shopping check out again… a pineapple, an orange, and another lemon.
To the Toddler Room! There were lots of little ones in the toddler area today. Katherine enjoyed staring at younger babies. She also pretended to cook, fed the baby dolls, and ran around in the tree house.
The exhibit, “My House, Your House,” is open again. Kids, including Katherine, really enjoy crawling through the two-story playhouse.
The last exhibit we visited was the bank. Katherine had a great time sticking the ATM card into the teller machine and pressing buttons. I think she would have stayed there a couple of hours, but we had to leave so that we could return Aunt Heather’s car. So we took one last trip down the big, black slide and left.
This is a really long entry, if you’re still reading this you’re probably one of Katherine’s grandparents. Don’t worry, this travel journal will get more interesting. On Wednesday Katherine and I are headed to Utah to visit Aunt Pam.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb