Bay Mountain Park & Planetarium, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
June 20th 2022
Published: June 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

We were looking for something a little different than what we have been doing with a little less hiking. We decided to go to Bay Mountain Park & Planetarium. We were a little disappointed in the sanctuary because we were unable to view any otters, red fox, or bobcats. When we approached the wolve enclosure we saw nothing, more disappointment. We kept walking, viewed some deer, hawks, and owls. We found this silly deer walking the fence line mouthing every piece of the fence he could reach as if someone had covered it with peanut butter because he surely loved the fence. We saw a deer eating with squirrels and a tiny chipmunk scavenging for food below the feeder. The chipmunk was so cute it would fill its’ cheeks so full and scurry off only for moments and quickly return for another filling. When we reached the far side of the wolve enclosure we were so impressed and lucky. They were finishing up a showing and the host made a howling and high-pitched noise. All the wolves that were sleeping got up immediately and began to howl and chatter almost sounding like whining while walking toward the host. It was the best part of the day; we will include a YouTube link. Once we finished viewing the animals and information center, we watched an Appalachian Planetarium show. It was a 45-minute presentation of our current night skies in the area hosted live by a very knowledgeable staff member. The children were very excited to be able to participate including Nate, lol, even though he messed up half the questions because he thinks he is funny. We enjoyed the comfortable chairs and the relaxing environment in the dome planetarium always a treat and hey it was only $5.00 a person too.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1123s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb