The King Has Gone


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 23rd 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Graceland MansionGraceland MansionGraceland Mansion

This is the front where you enter.
We stopped in Memphis and stayed at the Holiday Inn. The next day we went to Graceland, the home of the King of Rock N Roll, Elvis Aaron Presley. I asked Johan if there was one thing he really wanted to do while on this trip and he said see Graceland. It was in that moment that I loved him anew. If you know me, you know I love Elvis. Seriously people...

So we arrived there and went to the gift shop and went on the tour of the house. They don't take you upstairs since that's reserved for the family. We saw alot though and they have a guided audio tour. It was neat and we took pictures. They had his grave which was sad. We then went through a cars exhibit, a planes exhibit, and some other stuff. We ate there too. They had some neat stuff and they are redoing it so I would definitely visit again in my lifetime. It was kinda funny though to see that even though Graceland was a mansion, it wasn't really a mansion by today's standards. Elvis lived pretty modestly despite what he had. And he certainly decorated in his era. They've left everything like it was. It's odd seeing the old appliances.

Anyways, I want to go back someday and see Beale Street and where Martin Luther King Jr was shot. Maybe someday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb