The City of Angels


Advertisement
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Graumann's Chinese TheaterGraumann's Chinese TheaterGraumann's Chinese Theater

We saw the footprints and handprints and I loved Whoopi Goldberg's.
Well, there were good parts and bad parts. We found a cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for. I finally got the wireless to work by magic. There was a pool and a hot tub and a laundry. The inside room wasn't the greatest but there was HBO. Either way, we ended up staying an extra day. Here's the story about my Bad Week.

We got in and took the car in since it was acting tired. We got a rental car that turned out to be an SUV that seated 7. I never let Johan drive it and I ended up liking the room, though it was crazy driving that on the freeway. Anyway, we went to Universal Studios and had fun. We were going to see the new Harry Potter movie on the IMAX but the projector shut off so we saw it in the regular theater without the 3D instead. *sigh* We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and Wolfgang Puck's. We then went home. Then, we gave the rental back and headed down into Hollywood. We saw the Chinese Theater and Hollywood Blvd. We took a star home tour and saw the Hollywood sign. We walked about and ate some crepes and things. Johan bought some stuff. A guy dressed as Spongebob hit on me. *sigh*

We found out that Beverly Hills Post Office is the only one with valet parking. We went down Sunset and into Bel Air. That was neat though we didn't see anyone famous. If you're there and you don't have a Mercedes, BMW, or a Bentley, you're just fooling yourself. So I broke my car mirror and had to get that fixed. We also went to the Simon Weisenthal Museum of Tolerance but they had the holocaust exhibit down for remodeling so I was disappointed. We were able to hear survivors speak and one woman actually lived in Sweden thanks to the red cross after the war and she was driving a volvo. Johan wouldn't say hello to her. They also had an exhibit on a Swede who saved alot of Jews. I could tell he was proud of that.

Other than that, we didn't do much of anything and I managed to lose all of my rings. Great job huh? Oh, we went to the beach and saw the Santa Monica Pier. Thank God we left right before Lindsey Lohan had that high speed chase on that highway. Word to the wise though, the Valley is like Little Mexico. Oh and we also went to see "Chuck and Larry" and ate at the cheesecake factory.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb