Greetings from Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
January 9th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello,Hello,
Well we have been on the road for a few days - Bus that is !!!!!
Two days in Washington, Three days in Nashville, and on our second day in Memphis. Then on the train tomorrow to New Orleans.

These towns are so quiet compared to the previous. Nashiville was great - a main street just like Gawler but every pub (and there were lots of them) had a live Country band or Singer. Up until 6pm the kids were able to come in so we made a few stops,lots of fun.

We went to the Country Hall of Fame, a fairly new building. There were three floors of interactive memories about Country singers past and present, with information,facts,videio clips displays of clothes,cars etc. It was really great. A spiral staircase was lined with gold recordsand info.

We also had a tour in studio B, the studio where Elvis made half of records. It was really cool stuff, made your hair stand up on the back of your neck. There was audio of when they were recording including all the messing around etc. Looking into the studio you could picture where they stood and just imagine what it was like. Elvis did not follow the rules and had heaps of fun.

The take of "Are you Lonesome Tonight" was done with only one take and they had audio of it, it was so good to hear my Dad,Nannna and Pop would have loved it . Sarah sat and played at the piano that Elvis and Dolly Parton used!!!!!. All of the equipment as old as it is is still in working order.

The stories on audio from band members were hillarious.

Well here in Memphis we have been to Graceland, we went yesterday which was Elvis's birthday.( we had cake and coffee) Wow the set up is huge!!!! Seeing the house was awesome, all of the furniture was really cool we also got to see the planes and cars- unreal!!!

We have a great view of the Mississippi river from our room, we went for a walk along the river it was very cool the buildings are old and have a lot of character. Very clean and pretty. We walked to the main street it was just like a small country town with lots of Blues bars are some great shops the kids have picked up lots of old band posters . The Fed Ex stadium just just off the main street so we went to have a look and managed to pick up four tickets to the basketball at a great price, Memphis playing the Lakers. We went out for tea at steakhouse and then on to the ball game. It was a really great atmosphere, Memphis have not been winning but once again we brought good luck. The dancers and quater time cheerleaders were great to watch.

take care guys




Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb