Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, Hello,
Thanks for the Christmas news, sounds like you all had a happy time and lots of fun.
Congratulations to Clinton on making the U17 side - Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we arrived in washington yesterday morning via bus,we drove through New Jersey,Baltimore and Maryland,very comfortable and good weather so sites were great. Very green and lush lawns, huge trees and forest areas,would be awesome in spring. The houses here are much bigger here all two story with lovely gardens no apartments and no fencing between houses.

We are staying in the Capitol - WOW the buildings are "AWESOME" we went on a after dark tour, all of the monuments were lit up and oh so pretty. So much history here and so much attention to detail. Our tour went until 11.30pm was very informative and interesting. We were shattered when the startbucks in our hotel was closed when we got back, we got used to 24/7 in NY.
This state is so different than any other with a limit on the size of buildings no skyscrapers here! The buildings are massive and so elaborate. We got quite close to the Whitehouse. All around the capitol was mad as it was the first day back and with the Democrats gaining power there were media interviews with staff left right and centre. We think we were in the background of one interview LOL. This area is very corporate would be a great place to work if you were single and worked in this Industry

Union station is unreal so so posh, three levels with marble staircase ,restaurants and designer shops. Extremely different from NY - As Michele said not as friendly,however when we arrived we did get some help for directions and most people were great. The City is devided into North,South,East and West. All sections have streets from A to Z. We were on street C but went to the North C instead of the South C and created a longer walk for ourselves, but we got to see lots of things on the way- the weather here is great about 20 degrees and sunny 15 degrees above normal !!!

The internet is free here -- yah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nathan and Sarah were on last night talking to friends until about 3am as there was no one waiting ( I wonder why).

The photos are in the galley but we have had some trouble uploading all of the ones we want to - so will have a show when we get home.

Some of our blogs have been a bit rushed, Sorry!!!!
lots of pressure when we are on a time limit and other people are waiting.

Well this afternoon we are off to Nashville on a overnight bus !!!!!!!!!!!
Hoping to see a country singer or maybe drop in on Keith and Nicole.

Well I had better get off now, we are really having a great time it has been so diverse going from various states and by different forms of travel.
Everyone is well and the kids are happy now they got some time on the net with friends last night.
Dont work too hard and keep well and safe.

Cheers xoxoxo









Advertisement



17th January 2007

Hey guys. You sound like you are having a great time. We came back to work today for re enrolments. It was a bit hard to get the brain to function! We have just had a degree day here yesterday and today is warm and humid. Did the kids like their Christmas presents??? Enjoy the rest of your holiday and will see you when you get back.
28th January 2007

Washington
I loved Washington DC - there were so many great museums...

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb