Happy New Year


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello and Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!
Well since I blogged last we have been in Niagra and are now in New York. Niagra was fantastic - very large population of about 76,000. Much bigger than we thought. We stayed only minutes from the falls - they were great to see, at night they are lit up as was the town. We went on a tour in an under ground tunnel the power of the water was unreal. There was a street walking distance away that was called Clifton Hill - lots of fun things to do.

We are now in New York - New Years we went on a tour at 9am of Manhattan - Statue of Liberty,United Nations and Ground Zero. Very informative and interesting. The tour was until 5pm and then we joined the crowd in Times Square - CRAZY !!!!!! no food,drink or bathroom for 5 hours there was a million people according to the news over here. We danced,talked,played charades you could say a good bonding session LOL. We met many people around us it was slow for the first three hours but the rest of the time went quick. Every hour there was a countdown with firworks and confetti. Finally at midnight the ball dropped and that was it !!!! 2007. We were only 6 blocks from the square there was various entertainment, we had fun. When it was over it was a bit crazy people everywhere for the first time in many years we all held hands.

New years day we slept in and had a much needed rest day. Today we went to Brooklyn on a tour - really nice there very quite compared to Manhattan. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge. Tonight we did a night time - lights tour. Our room here is great a king size suite, so a lot more room than we have had for a while. Sarah is not with us tonight so will add photos later - have plenty!!!!

Take care and thanks for all of the text,comments and messages its great hearing from you all .

Cheers,
xoxoxoxo

Advertisement



4th January 2007

Happy New Year to you too
Enjoyed your description of Canada and the skiing and snowboarding. What a memorable Xmas! NY is so amazing - the people are more likely to talk to you there than in other parts of the States. We had a very busy Xmas at Greenock with 13 people for lunch. We then did a quick trip to Streaky Bay for New Year (got your text message and replied but don't know if you are receiving replies on the mobile), and on NY eve went out on Baird Bay and got 30 garfish and whiting. Fireworks at SB were fantastic. The chick is going well and growing up quickly. We are back home now and trying to recover from the festive season. Look forward to hearing about your next leg - down south USA. Keep safe and well!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb