{Day 2} All about Ziplines & Swimming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Gatlinburg
July 21st 2014
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we set off into 2 groups, because one of the kiddos was not old enough, to go zip-lining! This place was AMAZING!! I can not say enough about CLIMB Works Zipline Canopy Tours.From their A+ safety gear and lines to the tour guides. Everybody had an amazing time! The tour lasted about 2.5 hours and it was the perfect amount of time I think. The only downfall was that we could not all be together (each person has to be over the age of 7).

By the time it was time to go back and the resort and change out, we decided to go swimming in the pool and hot tub. The pool was kind of chilly, crazy since it was middle of July, but we got use to it. We even had time to play with the GoPro camera before we went back in-side.

When everyone was back in the room we all took showers and decided to go site seeing a little more. We started at none other that a candy factory!! Their is quite a few off of the strip. After that, the kids and their parents went into some tourist-y shops while The Hubs and I went off with another couple to do some moonshine tasting! Let me start off my saying, these tastings are FREE and their are 3 moonshine distilleries downtown (Doc Collor, Sugarland, and Ole Smoky). All of them are great. Doc Collor sits at the beginning and is kind of away from a lot of people, but I think they have the best apparel and souvenirs. Sugarland is a newer distillery, but I believe they have the best tasting moonshine and have the best bartenders (the bartenders had so much energy and you could tell they that loved what they did, I'm all about customer service). And Ole Smoky is the longest standing with a wider variety of moonshine than the other 2. They also have a homemade wine place attached and live concerts going on, on their outdoor patio.

So after all of that we took the trolly back to the resort (only 10-25 cents per ride), so thankfully after all the moonshine tasting that we did!

♥ Ems


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb