{Day 1} Gatlinburg, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Gatlinburg
July 20th 2014
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On this trip we decided to take my husbands brother's and sister's families. 2 cars + 11 people = VERRYYY long and eventful road trip! But I would change it for anything. We have so many jokes between all of us now.

We checked into our hotel room, Mountain Loft Resort, well I should say it was actually a town home. With 3 kids this place worked out perfect! 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, 3 porches and 2 fireplaces. Wooo, mouth full! We spent the evening exploring the grounds, the pool was awesome with the views of The Great Smoky Mountains. And then we went out to eat a place called 'No way Jose'. Now, since we are from Texas and we are partial to our Mexican food (we are Mexican food snobs if you will). And this place did not do it for us. It got great reviews and the atmosphere is amazing, situated right in downtown Gatlinburg. But other than that we walked half way up 'the strip' and realized that we needed a full day of that. I never realized how tourist-y this city was, and I love it! So many things to do for kids and adults alike.

So with that said we headed back. We made a detour at a grocery store to pick up some food and then headed back to the resort..

♥ Ems

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb