{Day 3} White water rafting


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Gatlinburg
July 22nd 2014
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We all set off to Smoky Mountain Outdoors white water rafting. Some of us would be going on the upper level and the others would be going on the lower with the kids. Again we chose this place because of reviews and safety measures. Now driving to this place was an adventure! It is about 30-40 minutes east of Gatlinburg and you pretty much take all back roads. Now I am great with directions and I got lost twice.. So pay attention! It had the right amount of rapids and downtime I think. I have gone white water rafting 3 times before and they were all in West Virginia, and these compared. We even got to hope over board and swim for about 5 minutes.

After getting lost one more time on our way back we stopped and McDonald's for a quick snack and headed home to shower all that river water off. When everyone was showered and clean we drove back into downtown Gatlinburg (make sure you take cash for parking. The cheapest is a new parking garage/welcome center at the beginning of the strip. The highest you will pay is $8). We have been wanting to check out the Space Needle and heard of its outstanding views. They were right! You can buy a ticket, sorry I forgot how much but it was not over $20, and it is good for 2 days. So we check it out during the day and at night with the city lights.

With everybody wanting to turn in early we headed back to the resort and ended up grilling and making fajitas on one of their many outside grills.

♥ Ems


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Group picGroup pic
Group pic

Some stayed behind at the resort to rest up


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb