Day 5 - We're Baaack!


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

What an exciting night! I still can't believe we were at the World Cup but alas, it was time to head back to the US. We didn't have any stops planned since we weren't sure how long it would take to get through border patrol. As we approached, the line was much shorter than when we drove in on Sunday and we were lucky enough to only have to wait about a half hour to get through. So onto our unknown destination. We decided to play today by ear because we weren't sure if we wanted to go back the way we came or try another route. When it came to the split, we ended up continuing on south toward South Dakota rather than back into Minnesota.

And again, we saw plenty of land on our journey through southern North Dakota on into South Dakota. We hit a little bit of weather but we got lucky and just missed the brunt of the storm. We decided to stop in Sioux Falls so we would have some time outside of the car and this way we can get plenty of sleep and get an early start on sightseeing tomorrow.

Some fun facts that I failed to mention in the last couple days:

This past Sunday was the French Open final and after some discussion with David, we both placed our predictions on who would win. I said Wawrinka in 4 sets and David said Djokovic in 3 and unbelievably, I was right! I was very proud of myself since I have never predicted a tennis match before.

Then, David needed to redeem himself so he predicted the US would beat Australia 3-1 on Monday. I didn't agree since of course, I didn't want Australia to score at all but as you know by now, he did predict that one correct. He was pretty proud of himself as well since, as he says, he knows very little about soccer. 😊

Well until tomorrow..


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb