Day 44 - Contiki Day 22


Advertisement
Published: August 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Early start, bags to coach at 7:45am, got to have OJ and Vegemite toast for brekkie though which really helped with the 3hrs sleep and hangover.
Slept for 2 hrs on the bus. We had a quick stop somewhere then as we were heading to Charleston, Christina put on our Surprise movie, The Notebook (as it was filmed in Charleston and we had been nagging her about watching it anyway!)
In Charleston we saw the Painted Row which was a row of houses painted in pastel colours and is apparently the most famous part of Charleston.
We wanted to get out to the house they used, the big white one for Noahs house but was saddened to find out that it was on public property and abit out of town so couldnt go out there..boooooooo!
We did see the American Theatre which was where Allie and Noah went for their first date, and also King St where they layed on the ground looking up at the traffic lights (though those had been put up for the movie, and later removed).
We then did some shopping, went to Urban outfitters and had Subway again for lunch.
Made our way back to the bus by 1:30 to head to Raleigh, our home for the night.
We arrived here about 6:30 only to be told we had dinner booked for 7pm at sme buffet place.
OMG, this place was amazing, sooooo much food, anything you could think of, they had. We all made ourselves sick.
We headed back to the hotel then for a quiet one.
Off to Washington DC tmw..




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Charleston, North CarolinaCharleston, North Carolina
Charleston, North Carolina

The theatre from 'The Notebook' where Allie and Noah go for their first date
Charleston, North CarolinaCharleston, North Carolina
Charleston, North Carolina

Noah's last name from 'The Notebook' is also a street in Charleston where the movie was filmed
Charleston, North CarolinaCharleston, North Carolina
Charleston, North Carolina

Charleston Police
Some fun on the busSome fun on the bus
Some fun on the bus

The Idea: Get the lifesaver lollie from one toothpick to the other without using ur hands...


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb