Day 11- Myrtle Beach to Charleston


Advertisement
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cypress in Waccamaw RiverCypress in Waccamaw RiverCypress in Waccamaw River

Unfortunately the photos do not do it justice.
It rained all night last night. From about 7pm to at least 2 or 3 a.m. It got a littlewindy but nothing to complain about.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Charleston!!! Traveling here was perfect, beautiful, few residential areas, few clammers, few fisherman, few sailboats in the way, fast traveling cruising at about 25 knots, and the landscape is gorgeous! Cypress trees growing directly out of the water all along the Waccamaw river. Loves it! We passed through the 20 mile long undeveloped barrier island of the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge including sand dunes, salt marshes, beach, maritime forests, and open water. Needless to say, this has been the most beautiful part of the trip.

Downtown Charleston is AWESOME too! After arriving at the marina we had a few drinks at the connecting hotel then showered up and took the trolley into historic downtown Charleston. We had dinner at a restaurant called Coast and the atmosphere was incredible! It was located down a small alley behind a French restaurant in an old brick building with vines growing over the top of it. So Cool, I can’t justify the ambiance with words. The food was terrific! Afterwards we walked down King St. and did a little shopping, got some coffee, shopped a little more, then caught the trolley. Charleston is my favorite spot so far. Awesome variety restaurants and bars everywhere…I could definitely spend a few days here easily and I most definitely want to come back!

Side note to all the girls- Charleston has an awesome shopping district! Gucci, Prada, Versace, little boutiques and hand bag shops, I just loved it all over the place!

Another note: the guy that drove the trolley said they got the same rain in Charleston last night that we got in Myrtle Beach but it flooded Charleston...3 ft of water in the city. He said he saw people stuck in their cars with water up to their windows in places and he saw 2 cars floating down the street with no control almost hitting each other. I can't help but think I am glad it took us so long to get here because I would not have wanted to be here last night. There's no way we would have been able to experience this awesome city...it's funny how things work out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Shore RestaurantShore Restaurant
Shore Restaurant

Sooooooo Good!


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb