Biking Karl Boyes Multi-Purpose Trail in Presque Isle State Park ERIE Pennsylvania


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Erie
July 10th 2016
Published: July 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Presque isle state park - Erie Pennsylvania


Biking ERIE Pennsylvania's Karl Boyes Multi-Purpose Trail in Presque Isle State Park .








The Karl Boyes Multi-Purpose Trail is located in Lake Erie, just outside of Erie Pennsylvania in Presque isle State Park. Have biked this trail on two occasions, the last time being 2017.



The entire park is a peninsula that juts out into Lake Erie in the form of an axe head and handle.

The handle portion gives access to the park. It is the only road in or out.



Directions: Route 832 to 25 Peninsula Drive Erie, PA 16505 GPS: 42.113717, -80.154402.




At the entrance to the park, there is a private campground. You will see a sign for the park but no gate. Surprise!! There is NO CHARGE! How nice!



Parking is not a problem since near the beginning there are a number of parking lots, so if one is full just keep going.

On your right will be Presque isle Bay.The trail follows the bay, with the road on your left. Being a state park, there are lots

of benches, parkland, washrooms etc. Although we did not take it, we did see a ferry that goes to the mainland, with bikes aboard.

Biking all the way around the island will cover 22 km or 13 miles.



The north shore of the park is where all the beaches are (lots of them.) It doesn't matter if it is a weekend or weekday. If it is hot and sunny, the beaches are packed.

iFacing out on Lake Erie, it can be bit windy on the beaches. We came upon a lighthouse, which you can climb (fee).

On the north shore a good portion of the trail is a wide section of the road.

But since most people are already parked and on the beach, and the speed limit is low, the road does not present a problem.

A very nice, comfortable, flat ride.



more photos below


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

erie presque isle  (7)erie presque isle  (7)
erie presque isle (7)

lighthouse on north shore


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb