Portland Pause


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
May 23rd 2017
Published: May 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We just spent the one night in McMinnville, so officially, this is completing the second leg of our multi-leg tour (well over a dozen I imagine) and commencing with the third leg. We had our complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn. We had a couple hours to kill in the room before we needed to check out. Today, we only need to drive to Portland, and we hadn’t much planned. Shirley was to be back at GenTog today, so we took our time getting packed, and moved our luggage down to the Jeep just before our 11 AM check-out time.



On the way to Portland we decided to stop at Sherri’s Restaurant, a popular chain in Oregon that features wonderful pies. I chose the “Trio” which combines a sandwich/quiche, soup/salad and a slice of pie. I had the bacon, caramelized onion and swiss cheese quiche with a very good split pea soup and a premium slice of pie for a $1 surcharge. Sharon ordered a turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and added a S’mores Pie for dessert; but, couldn’t finish it all.



This being Portland and we with some time on our hands we could find no reason to delay any longer our obligatory visit to Voodoo Donuts. This time I wasn’t so overcome with the vast array of choices and quickly made my decision to get two Official Donuts of Portland, a classic chocolate iced Bavarian Cream filled donut with two white icing dollops grouped together near the edge.





We checked in at the Country Inn and Suites an hour early; and, they were able to give us our room. We’re both stuffed from our lunch and me from having eaten both donuts. Sharon is just as stuffed; but, she still has another donut to eat (if I don’t get to it first). We’re seriously considering skipping dinner altogether.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb