Day 14: Pacific Ocean and later Portland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
August 7th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We stayed the night in that cute little motel in Cannon Beach, right by the beach. Last night we had Thai food for dinner and another drink.
This morning it was still cloudy, but Regina decided to go for a run at the beach. I passed today, and booked us a hotel in Portland in the meantime. She came back all excited, because the it was low tide and she could walk to Haystack Rock, saw starfish and had a great time at the beach.
The next two days will be a little more relaxed, so we took our time and had a nice breakfast/lunch at the Wayfarer restaurant across the street, where Regina had a razor clam sandwich. I went with regular salmon over pasta. Very good!
The one hour drive back to Portland was fast, we checked into our hotel, which was on the other side of the river. It was a 20 minute walk into the Pearls District, where we shopped around, had some wine and some pastries. The plan was to go back to the hotel and change before going to dinner, but we changed our mind after two drinks of Spanish Coffee at Huber's! The bar is famous for their Spanish Coffee, which is 1/2 of rum, some Kaluha and 1/2 coffee w/ whipped cream. Very deliciouis and addictive. We were already a bit tipsy and decided to have Chinese food in China Town. One restaurant, a big crowd waiting, so we thought that must be good! And it was. We had appetizer sampler, Mongolian Beef and Noodles with clams. Couldn't finish everything, so we took a doggy bag. And ended up in two more bars with our food! On the walk back to the hotel we realized that we had quite some drinks....
We fell into bed and at least I slept like a baby. Regina couldn't sleep very well, because the hotel was right by the main road and it was very loud.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb