portland and brews


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
April 15th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

coos bay to portland


i left sunset bay today and started driving up the 5 towards eugene and portland. it was kinda nice to get off the 101 and go a normal speed on a familiar freeway. the umpqua river runs along the road on the way to the 5, a nice change of scenery. everything up here is so green, it rained off and on until i got up to portland.

when i arrived, i checked into the hostel around 5 and jumped on my bike. i cruised around for about an hour then stopped at a bar to get a drink and wind down. i headed back to the hostel to eat food, then figure out the rest of my night. i met 4 australian boys at the dinner table and started chatting them up. they were makin there way down from canada where they had been working and snowboarding most of the winter season. they had just left vancouver and seattle and were on there way to la, vegas, san diego, mexico(although i told them to think a few times before traipsing around tj), miami and a few more stops. they bought and old astro van for 700 bucks to take them around north america, and it hadnt broken down yet so they were stoked.

we decided to head back towards the bar i was at earlier, had a great time there and then decided that karaoke was where it was at. we got back to the hostel quite late and talked a little more and then headed to bed. i woke up the next day, got some coffee and then met up with the boys to walk around portland. we took lots of pictures, drank some great local brews, and got lost at powells books. we made it back towards the hostel and said our goodbyes, then i had to start driving to seattle to hang with bridgey!


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

the matadorthe matador
the matador

jim and james
the matadorthe matador
the matador

jim and rob
the matadorthe matador
the matador

josh and me
the matadorthe matador
the matador

simon and me
the matadorthe matador
the matador

rob and other hostel friend
the boiler roomthe boiler room
the boiler room

singing bohemian rhapsody
boiler roomboiler room
boiler room

james and some dude


21st April 2009

jealous!!
Your trip has looked like wicked fun, truly jealous here. Especially now that you have been near my favorite beer (Blue Heron at Bridgeport brewery) and my favorite bookstore (or should I say wonderful maze of books!). By the way that Yurt looked cool, I may try that some time. Have fun Phoebes!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb