Portland, The City of Roses


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our breakfast this morning, took us to Stumpertown Coffee Roasters. When we asked for the key to the bathroom, it came with own personal security system. A full size duck decoy was attached to the key. There is no sneaking out with that key. We then walked over to the Portland Farmer's market. The market was great. We found lots of interesting items for sale and interesting people buying them. We stumbled upon a great irish band, Circling Hounds. They were playing on the stage in the international food section of the market. We spent a lot of time looking at jewerly, clothes, and other market items. I purchased a beautiful fused glass pendant and a hat. After a few hours at the market, we decided to head over Keller Fountain. Keller fountain is a large multi-level fountain that is the size of a city block. The foutain is opening for people to swim and play in. We found that lots of Portland natives were taking advantage of the fountain on this hot, sunny Saturday afternoon. Portland's 25th anniversary Blues Fest has been going on since July 3rd, so we decided to take in the waterfront and listen to some good music. We wandered around the festival and found a great silver "robot" street performer. After the Blues Fest, we headed over the Portland Rose Test Garden. This garden is located in Washington Park. The garden was beautiful and we saw at least 10 brides having their photos taken in the garden. I got some really nice pictures. After the garden, we headed out to Beaverton, OR...home of the Roloff family from TLC's Little People Big World. We toured around in the town trying to find the farm for a photo op, but never located it... instead we took a photo with the Beaverton sign. After that we head toward the coastal town of Tillamook. We had dinner in the "Best Mexican" Restaurant in Tillamook, which earned that distinction because it was slightly better than Taco Bell.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



10th July 2007

What a great idea!
It is fun to read about your daily encounters and the pictures tell the story so well. Hope you continue to enjoy the great weather. Where is all the rain Oregon and Washington is famous for. Must be sending it to poor Texas.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb