Day #9 Home sweet home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SaddleSaddleSaddle

This set up weighs about 3X more than the rest of the bike...really! It was impossible to work on my flat tire with it on so Rene and I took it off my bike.
Metal cowboys, that's what we are, it's what we felt like anyway(as you see in the picture, my saddle bags off the bike). Freedom on our bikes, it's an all familiar feeling. Crossing borders, international ones even, were no obstacles. Countless people, from all ages and ethnic backgrounds met. Unfamiliar terrain discovered and conquered(so our next trip would definitely be much easier). To me, this vacation is also an accomplishment, a longtime dream, finally realized.

We are done with this tour! Yay us! Because of this Friday deadline, we were not able to make it all the way to Portland on our bikes. Instead, we traveled out of downtown Seattle to just north of Tacoma and waited for our buddy Matt to pick us up with his car, nice guy isn't he? He brought us to Seattle last Thursday and picked us up/took us home after our tour. Thank you so much Matt!

At least 450 miles traveled on human power, in 7 days of riding. That's about a metric century(62 miles) a day. We are very proud of ourselves. Thank you all for visiting our blog page, see us on our next adventure. ~TEAM ZOIC(Manny and Rene)
Seattle's BestSeattle's BestSeattle's Best

This picture is from day #1, right before leaving Seattle.


P.S.

Below are some pics that were taken but were never submitted in the previous entries. I would've taken pictures today but the battery in the camera was "exhausted". To make up, here are some honorable mentions: (and oh by the way, the pics below were taken by my cell phone camera! not too shabby eh? LG VX8600)



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

CreekCreek
Creek

Cheese!
On the Centennial TrailOn the Centennial Trail
On the Centennial Trail

We loved this trail, it was so long, wooded, and safe!
You wanna what??You wanna what??
You wanna what??

Some kind of fun :)
Call her! She is waiting for you Rene!Call her! She is waiting for you Rene!
Call her! She is waiting for you Rene!

Rene is getting excited haha!


2nd July 2007

Nice Work!
Nice work guys! My legs get tired just looking at the pics! It amazing you guys can travel the distance day after day. The pics are great too. I'm sorry it took me so long to write. Blasted!
26th July 2007

Mission Possible!
Thank god- mission completed! Excellent job! BTW: So you loved that trail that was so long, wooded, and safe, hugh? Well, don't look now, but I think I see a bigfoot in your midst. DON'T TELL MIGUEL! He'll demand a full report. lol!
26th August 2007

Wow! What an accomplishment! =)
You two are amazing! Thank you so much Manny for sharing your trip with me. No wonder you got buns of steel! lol =) 450 miles....Wow! I bet your booty was sore! =) I cant even imagine. Oh and btw, you look so handsome in your riding gear! =) Way to go for completing a long time dream and creating priceless memories! Seeing you so passionate about something that you love is inspiring and a reminder for all that life is too short. When it is all said and done it is not the cars or the homes that we have that will be remembered, but our memories that we create. Way to go Cutie! =)

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb