Portland, Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
August 1st 2022
Published: August 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

1st August, 2022

It ended up being another very late night last night. We got on the train at about 10:30pm, but our sleeper room wasn’t ready yet, so the conductor asked us to wait in the Observation Car till the room was ready. It was dark so there wasn’t a lot to observe so we got the UNO cards out and started playing. A kid on the other side of the carriage was watching so we invited him to join in, which he did. We then saw that two other guys were playing UNO as well so they asked if we could all play together. Of course, the drinks started to flow and we were having a great time playing the game and making a bit of noise. Luckily, no one was trying to sleep and if they were well it was too bad. There was too much fun to be had.

One of the guys got off in Klamath Falls at about 4am so we decided that was about time to go to bed. Sandra took the upper bunk but jeez it was funny watching her get up there when she had had a few drinks. It turned not funny when we both realised that there was no room up there to even turn over let alone swing a cat. We were both awake again by about 7am. She went up to the Observation Car to try and get some sleep and I stayed in my little bunk and dozed for a while. We had breakfast at 9am.

After breakfast, our bunks had been turned back to seats and we tried to sleep a little more. Sandra got a couple of hours but I just watched the world go by with my music playing.

Lunch was served at 1:30pm and we got off the train at 4:30pm. The hotel was only a 5 min walk from the station. We were very disappointed in the look of the streets because there was so much rubbish blowing around. It was an area where a lot of bums lived so it wasn’t all that surprising. We didn’t need any dinner tonight as we had eaten two big meals on the train. We spent some time on the rooftop of the hotel. Both looking forward to a decent sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb