Day in Portland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
August 3rd 2022
Published: August 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

2nd August, 2022

Sandra was awake early but I slept in till nearly 9am. We missed breakfast .. dammit!

Showered and walked to the post office so I could send some postcards and to get a price on sending some stuff home. We walked past a little park that had an elephant statue. As usual, there was a bum sleeping in front of it so trying to take a photo was almost impossible, but we got one.

We then walked into downtown to see if there was a hop on hop off bus but Portland doesn’t have one. They do have a tram that goes around the city though for $5 for a full day ticket getting on and off. We got on and went south and got off at Providence Park where they play baseball. There was some lovely houses around that area.

Back on the tram and went north. Got off at Old China Town thinking we would see some chinese shops but nup, the Old meant was once here not aged. Managed to find a little restaurant for lunch and boy, for $10 each, we had a feast. And it was delicious. With full bellies, we found the tram again and went over the river and got off at Lloyd Centre which turned out to be a theatre centre so there was nothing open. There was also a park next to the tram stop which was really beautiful called Halliday Park. We went back to the room to pack up a box to send stuff home and we tried to arrange a courier to pick it up. 5 hours later and much frustration, we ended up cancelling the order.

No dinner tonight as we were full from lunch so just had a couple of drinks, played some cards and had an early night as we are picking up the car tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb