Yaquina Head Lighthouse in the Fog & Our Dock Walk


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Newport
August 8th 2013
Published: August 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 8, 2013

Went out to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse again this morning, still real foggy. No whales to be seen and no harbor seals either this time. All out getting brunch perhaps? Lol Walked around the Cobble Beach and all around the Light house, watching the stinky birds – thousand of them, on the rocks.

For lunch we went down to the Bay Front and ate at Local Oceans, table for two, outside under a big orange umbrella – Will had grilled Halibut and a mix of udon noodles, chard, edamame and spring onions with a citrus soy sauce. Delish! Marge had a fresh Albacore Tuna wrap, also delish. Then walked around the Bay Front for awhile – can you tell we love it!? Love to see the shops and the people, the fishing boats, all the hustle bustle of a seaport town right on the water. One shop is called Made in Oregon, lots of fun stuff in there. And a store on one corner, with a really fun sales clerk, called BowWow Meow – you know Marge loves to go in there!

Home for a rest and some coffee and latte and then our usual walk on the Pier. Lots of boats, lots of crabbers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



9th August 2013

Best yet!
Now that's what I'm talking about! Pics of your home base, the pier, getting some real perspective on where you are in relation to it. It's great to be able to really picture everything, put it all together, don't ya know?
10th August 2013

Oregon
Loved the beautiful pictures of the Oregon shore. I can tell you have enjoyed being there and we have enjoyed through you. Safe journeys back to the South!

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb