Oregon Aquarium Visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Newport
August 7th 2013
Published: August 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 7, 2013 Wednesday

Spent a lazy morning in the campground – made some scones to give to our Park Host. He’s been such an amazing help in our knowing places to go and sights to see. We call him our ‘Cruise Director’. Lol

Off to the Aquarium in the afternoon. What fun, and so many things to see – we watched the Sea Lions and the seals being fed. They’re such hams when they have an audience! We walked through the ‘acrylic tubes’ of theDeepSeacreatures: all kinds of sharks, rays, eels, halibut, sturgeon and some octopus. It all made for an interesting afternoon.

Our ‘Cruise Director’ Clay, came by and we chatted for quite awhile about our stay here and how sad we will be to leave on Sunday. But our regular life calls and we must begin our trek back to Clayton.

Of course, we had our usual walk to the pier, in the fog. It’s been real foggy all day and the weather calls for that the rest of our stay here. We have been so blessed to have had the beautiful days we did have and gotten to do and see things of such interest and beauty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



8th August 2013

Beautiful
We will have to scrape the sea urchins off of you two when you get home. Even if you DON'T WANT to come home and see us, we all miss you very much.
8th August 2013

Homeward Bound
Did I really see the name, Clayton in this blog?
8th August 2013

Thanks!!
Finally back to the ocean! I was having withdrawal... Love the cutesy animals. What kind of duck is that? And the mythical puffin...so sweet.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb