Snow Country - Mt. Hood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Mount Hood
July 18th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

July 18, 2013

We left for Mt.Hood and the Timberline Lodge this morning. What a beautiful day to travel there. Mt.Hood, covered with snow, stands majestically with the other mountains all around: Mt.Adams, Three Sisters, Mt.Shasta, and McLaughlin.

Skiers and snow boarders abound, as well as kids playing in the snow. A real fun and happening place. We went into the Lodge and, since it was1:30, went upstairs to the restaurant. They had a fantastic buffet and we had a terrific lunch and wonderful seats with a view.

Of course, the Gift Shop was a must but we did miss seeing ‘Bruno’, the St. Bernard mascot of the Lodge. He passed away and was replaced with another St. Bernard, ‘Heidi’. We searched a good bit, but could never find her, so no picture.

We headed back to the campground and had a nice evening; walked around the park and saw lots of trees we couldn’t ID. You know we’re always looking at the trees! Well, Marge is!

Such a great day! God is so good to us, to allow us safe travel each day and parts of His country to see and enjoy


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



19th July 2013

Shorts & Snow
You're bringing back more memories. Lisa was around 12, Eric, 6. They, nor Harold & I, could believe we had on shorts & surrounded by snow.
19th July 2013

SNOW!
I didn't expect to see snow capped mountains! That causes some cognitive dissonance in my brain! It's so hot here, how can there be snow? The temp must be really chilly. I miss winter! What gorgeous views!

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb