Tillamook and the Three Capes Scenic Drive


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Lincoln City
June 18th 2019
Published: June 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well today was another great day of exploring and good weather. The temperatures have been in the 60s along the cost and warming up to 80s inland. Rather cool by our St George standards, but we aren’t complaining. Our first stop today was the Tillamook Creamer. We took the self guided tour which surprisingly was very well done and informative. After the tour we bought lots of cheese not like you can’t get the same stuff at any grocery store. So we came back to the trailer with more stuff we can’t get into the refrigerator.

After Tillamook we started on the Three Capes Scenic tour. Our first stop was the Cape Meares and the Cape Mears light house. We did a little hiking and toured the light house. It is the shortest light house on the Oregon Coast. We also found the famous Octopus Tree. Nobody knows why it great this way. The coast is beautiful here with all the cliffs the three rocks just off the coast. The rest of the coast was just as beautiful with some sand beaches along the way and we ended up at Cape Kiwanda’s with the famous Haystack Rock just offshore. Another great day. Tomorrow is a rest day so Steve, Marianne, and I will find a near by hiking trail.




That is it for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



20th June 2019

On that last photo I can almost HEAR the ocean...lovely water views, the photographer gets lots of thanks...

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb