A travelling day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Garibaldi
July 13th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.56, -123.912

We are now in Garibaldi, a small seaside town on the coast of Oregon. We started today by going to the Athletics Track in Eugene. This was Fletcher's reason for stopping here. This is one of the more famous venues for Athletics in the USA and the US Olympic trials were just held here. It is a unique track with all the throws up one end. We also strolled through the campus of the University of Oregon. This is a lovely campus. We then set out to drive up along the coast. First we went to Veneta and visited one of the wineries around here. The King Estate was a great place with very well made wines. A little touristy but the host was very professional. We bought a Pinot Gris and a Shiraz for our trip. We then drove on. the Oregon countryside is very attractive with many wooded areas and the coast is spectacular. We eventually stopped in this small town.
Apologies for no photos so far. I am having trouble working out how to upload them to the site. i will keep trying but at least you can read what we've been up to.
Love to all!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb