Celebrating the Fourth @ Honeyman S.P. & Day After Over 6,000 miles Since Clayton


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Florence
July 4th 2013
Published: July 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Just a Thank You for all the Comments, we enjoy reading them and wish we could respond to all.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

A lazy start to the day and a relaxing breakfast. Went to the park’s Bicycle Parade for the 4th – LOTS of kids on their bikes, & a lot of them decorated for the parade.

Then we headed in town and did the mundane chore of laundry. But that got done in a flash and back to the trailer for some great pork chops on the grill.

A brisk, breezy high of 62 degrees at 4 pm today.

Back to town at 5 pm to see The Lone Ranger, a must see, FUN! Fireworks at 10:00, over at 10:30, & they were really awesome. Some really unique ones we’d never seen before. And a couple thousand people there too. We heard Florence has a reputation for great fireworks, and they were right. A late night, for us, but a fun night.

July 5, 2013

Leisurely morning and then into Old Town for the day. We enjoyed all the shops and had a great lunch at Mo’s, on the waterfront. A great seafood place. Home to start a fire and enjoy the evening.



High today 64, nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



6th July 2013

Oregon
What a beautiful place there! Loved seeing the fireworks. Guess you've heard we've had too much rain here which thwarted our fireworks:( My daughter is here from Texas so we're trying to find some fun things to do inside. Lots of DVD movies! So glad you are enjoying this great trip. We miss you!
6th July 2013

Yup, it's an Old Town alright!
I love old towns...so quaint, lovely, fun...looks like a great day. Those are some GIANT dunes! And now I feel like I've had fireworks! Thanks for those!!!
6th July 2013

Oh, the nostalgia you are causing me
What fun days you 2 are having. Love the beautiful picts. & yes, the fireworks do appear different. I am remembering our fam. days camping & trips west.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb