Headed to the Pacific Dunes of Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Florence
July 3rd 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A sunny, warm morning at 78 degrees, we leave the Valley of the Rogues SP at 9:15. Heading to Florence,OR today and Honeyman SP. And the Pacific Ocean, yay!

We see signs along the road that just say “ELK” but none seen. We stopped at an Elk Viewing area but only saw a red winged blackbird. Our drive was beautiful today, so many lovely pine trees lined the highway and up the slopes and hills. Pass by theUmpquaRiver, a river we stopped at for lunch with our grandson in 2010.

Temperature 65 degrees at12:30, with strong wind – yep, that works! Love the cooler temps.

Arrive the park at 12:45; check in is at4 pm, but our site is vacant so we may register and go set up. It’s nice to get here early and have some time to look around.

Went into Florence and drove into Old Town and looked around. It’s definitely a must for one of the days we’re here – lots of little shops and restaurants and it’s on the bay, so there are boats and everything you’d see along a harbor. Then we walked up one of the dunes so we could see the ocean – wow! Always an awesome sight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



4th July 2013

Love the Hoodie!
It's raining like crazy here for days...but still won't be as cool as it is there! I'm sure lots more great pics to come. Love, love the dunes! Reminds me of home in Cape Cod, Mass.
5th July 2013

lewis and clark
which one in lewis and which one is clark???

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb