Dorena, OR (aka Eugene since Dorena not listed) to Calistoga, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Eugene
October 6th 2012
Published: October 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The River in DorenaThe River in DorenaThe River in Dorena

We were fortunate to stay at the Gehling's house and this was the view!
Today is a long day of driving - approximately 8 hours to get to Calistoga but we're up for the job! After a terrific breakfast with Debbie and Power Ranger Isaiah, we hit I-5 South. Not much to report about this day - Oregon is truly a beautiful state - green, mountainous, there just aren't words. We made sure to fill up with gas before crossing into California (thank you Wendy for the warning!). We Georgians are spoiled with our $3.69/gallon. Oregon is in the low 4s and California, at least Calistoga is holding in the mid 4s and offering slightly lower if you pay cash. The news is reporting high 5s in the bay area...

Made it into Calistoga around 6:10 listening to the Dawgs get the shit kicked out of them by Gamecocks! Checked into Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs and settled for a while with a nice cocktail of vodka and ice! Later, we went to Brannan's for a forgettable dinner. Started with Spicy Chorizo Clams, clams with sausage and garlic in a nice broth. Sweetie got Gnocchi which she had had six (6) years ago but in a different preparation (brown butter and sage). They were not the same little morsels of pure yumminess she remembered. I tried to go a little healthier this night and had a Cobb Salad with Shrimp. It was good but not great. A bottle of pinot noir from Jax Vineyards was very good. Good night, talk to you tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Calistoga Spa & Hot SpringsCalistoga Spa & Hot Springs
Calistoga Spa & Hot Springs

The view from our room - #203


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb