Music Fest at BR Cohn Winery


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Glen Ellen
October 7th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Luv Planet at BR Cohn 44 secs
The Turtles at BR CohnThe Turtles at BR CohnThe Turtles at BR Cohn

Main Stage at BR Cohn Music Fest in Glen Ellen, CA
Oh My God, we could not order up better weather than we have gotten on this trip. Chilly at night and cloudless, mid 70s during the day. And this day is no different! We leave Calistoga and head to Glen Ellen for the BR Cohn Wine and Music Festival. We arrive and enjoy the sounds of The Turtles (Flo and Eddie), including their hits Happy Together, It Ain't Me Babe and On the Eve of Destruction, just to name a few. Next up was Dave Mason, with his early days with Traffic and hits like Feelin' Alright, We Just Disagree and on Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland album, he recorded Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower. Next on the big stage was Kenny Loggins with Return to Pooh Corner, I'm Alright, FootLoose and Danger Zone. He was really good and the band was tight.

Our biggest surprise, though, was on the side stage between sets. The band Luv Planet from San Francisco was riveting with 5 songs in 25 minutes. They ROCK! Visit them at www.luvplanet.net. We've also posted a short video - see if you can guess who the dancer reminds us of...

Also on the second stage was Fair Haven out of Boston and they nailed their set as well. We were feeling fine and made our way back to Calistoga before the Doobie Brothers came on. What a beautiful day in California sunshine with music and wine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb