Back to Portland by way of the Redwoods


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Dallas
June 10th 2016
Published: June 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

6/8/16
The best grilled cheese sandwiches are done on a campfire at Panther Flats campground in Jedidiah Smith State Park under the watchful eyes of the redwoods. Even at 9pm! It is dark out here and fun to walk around and practice using our night vision.

A number of years ago we camped at Ledge Park at Horicon in WI and wandered around that way. Can't do that in Alaska! At least not usually.

A group of about 50 motorcycles with little trailers came in shortly after we set up camp. How fun to travel as a group!

Tomorrow we head up towards Salem and will stay with Katrina and James at their farm.

6/9/16
Saying goodbye to the redwoods today. We will go back again. Maybe you will come with us?

Northern CA was lush and green, Southern OR is not. More like dry desert with lots of trees. Small towns. Cave Junction. Hiouchi. Selma. O'Brien. Grant's Pass.

And now we are back on Interstate 5 looking for a spot to take a break and stretch our legs.

6/10/16
Had a wonderful time trading stories about houses that need lots of love and
Humphrey Bogart Humphrey Bogart Humphrey Bogart

Just for Aunt Joan!
attention with James and Katrina last night. We also got to know their four dogs, chickens, ducks, and goats, including some one and two week old ones!

On the road back to Portland where we will drop off the RV, take our stuff to Michelle's and then be tourist for awhile till we meet up with her later today.

We love traveling but also look forward to being home again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Remembering Aunt MaryRemembering Aunt Mary
Remembering Aunt Mary

May she rest in peace


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb