Wind and Rain!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Brookings
December 15th 2009
Published: December 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Roseburg heading north to Sutherlin and West on 138 to get to 101. It was a great drive - really beautiful scenery and the Dodge handled the hills and corners really well. I, on the other hand, was not as fortunate. Bob is a great driver but I’ve decided that I’m not the best passenger. I white knuckled just about every - even remotely - sharp corner. Visions of streaks of white metal and fiberglass sliding sideways down the highway forced me to hold my breath on several occasions. The very serious gusts of wind coming off the ocean that made my side of the truck so obviously lighter didn’t help any. At any rate, we were able to enjoy some really nice scenery. The ocean is just beautiful and it’s power never more apparent than in windy weather. The waves are intense! We pulled into Driftwood RV Park in Brookings at 5:00. It was about 5:10 when the manager showed up at our door asking why we pulled into the spot in the wrong direction. Oops. We didn’t have to move however, not enough trailers in the park to worry about it. It was too dark to really see very much in the area, but we’ll explore tomorrow. We will probably stay tomorrow night too so we’ll have time to at least hit the beach. Thank God we have raincoats! It’s supposed to be pretty icky for a couple of days (um, maybe a week?). If it gets too bad and we run out of things to do, we still have plenty to do here. We still have more to do to get organized and settled. Oh and there are the things we seem to learn with each trip. Like not to put liquid laundry detergent on a shelf in the closet. In other words, I have some clean up to do as well...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb