Over rivers, through woods


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Bend
March 11th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As my road trip comes to a close I feel like I should have written more. A million thoughts passed through my mind as I took in nature's moments of serenity; later I am unable to recall most of them. One thing stands out though; sunsets attract the broadest audiences. Whether watching from the Western Michigan shores of Lake Michigan, the stone wall in Mallory Square on Key West, or anywhere along the Pacific coastline, if you take a moment to look around to see who else is watching you may be surprised. My last Pacific coast sunset drew in children playing on the beach, photographers perched on low dunes, couples walking hand in hand on the bridge, sea gulls, sea lions, and crows. The sunset even draws the surfers from their waves to plant their boards in the sand and just watch. The contemplation that ensues is different for each one of us as well; sheer awe, thankfulness, rememberance, sorrow, joy, pain, and even money because there are many who cannot simply rise above that. Watch every sunset and sunrise you get the oppertunity to watch. Think while you are watching; about your loved ones, your lost love, those who have passed, those who have hurt you, those you have hurt, and those you have yet to meet. Think about your life and the direction it is going, think about what you are going to do next. Most importantly, think about the day that just ended and whether you did aything worthwhile with it.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb