Tragedy Strikes!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Bend
July 1st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Baby Baby Baby

Warning: Not for the weak of stomach
As we continue preparations for our departure, we are sad to report the loss of a very important member of our family. As many of you know, "little baby" has been with us for over two years. Camille was very excited to bring "little baby" along with us on this grand adventure.

This past Saturday, at approximately 3:45, "little baby" was attacked by a set of wild dogs. This happened while we strolled the streets of Bend, Oregon. As we were saying our goodbyes to my sister Jackie and her husband Alex, "little baby" suffered what I am sure was a hideous death.

Thank goodness for Bambini of Bend. After discovering the grizzly remains of our "little baby" we immediately rushed off to sooth Camille's aching heart. While the attachment is not quite as strong as it was to her "little baby", she is growing fond of Emily, her new friend. Yes, this one has a name!

In not wanting to desecrate the memory of little baby, I will not include pictures of Emily. They will come in the future. Stay tuned.

Tim

Advertisement



1st July 2007

the grief is unbearable. i don't know how i'll explain to ruby and her baby that baby's twin was mauled. i'm sure this will put your travel plans on hold. antje
1st July 2007

Our Deepest Sympathies..
Our deepest heart ache goes out to our lost family members.. Even though I didnt know little baby very long and she only touched my life breifly those memories will travel with me til I forget about her.. Good luck little baby for your true journey has just begun..

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb