15th June, 2009 Travel to Warrenton, Oregon.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Astoria
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

15th June, 2009. Travel to Warrenton, Oregon 00115th June, 2009. Travel to Warrenton, Oregon 00115th June, 2009. Travel to Warrenton, Oregon 001

Bridge over Columbia River at Kelso
15th June, 2009. Travel to Warrenton, Oregon

Up early and on the road, , once we out of the upper Washington we hit the motorway, nice motorway but so many cars and trucks, a nightmare when they are blowing you over the road (never mind), a stop for a look around the factory shops at Centralia (up to 80% off, catches every womens eye), but Normal price + 80% - 80% is still 100%, and half the shops were no longer trading, guess that didn't work.
Anyway down through Oledo and then the GPS lost us at Ostrander (funny how you don't take any notice of signs/maps when you have a GPS), then we were in the shit, slowly dug our way out and hit Kelso, over the river into Oregon. The Columbia River has navigable waters approx 180 miles up river from the Pacific Ocean and that is for ocean going vessels, you should see the bridge, it is huge (the ships pass underneath).
Right turn West and out to Warrenton which is located on the North West tip of Oregon, nice little place, known for the fishing access through the Columbia River (which has one of the most dangerous bars in USA, someone drowned the day before we got there).
The owner of the camp came over to have a chat, he is originally from Dunedin, has been over here for 20 years and loves it, he is just about to take out dual citizenship, hasn't lost one ounce of his Kiwi accent - nice guy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb