Lunch with Krista & then board the 36 foot Per


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Sandusky
August 5th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.4496, -82.7078

We had a leisurely morning to leave Inn Keepers Ministry housing. I think we pulled out about 9am. Glenn and I both had bowls of cereal for breakfast.

The drive from "other side of Dayton, Ohio" to "Columbus, Ohio" was just about 2 hours. We had plenty time drive without being rushed.

We met up with Krista M at the Restaurant/Pub "The Goat" for lunch. Glenn filled up with gas since we arrived in plenty of time. Krista treated us for lunch. Thanks Krista. I traveled with Krista in 2004 to Europe when she lead the group of representatives for Christian colleges to International schools. We traveled together to Russia, Hungary, Austria and Germany. Annette M. traveled with me, as I represented Moody Bible Institute.

Krista also came to Guatemala back in 2007 when she was representing the colleges and attending different schools through Latin America including CAG. She stayed with us that time.

After our lunch, we left after a small prayer, gave her some coffee and then headed up to Sandusky. We had to stop along the way at a Panera Bread store so I could verify some stuff on line. Before we got to Lemmy's Restauant, we stopped in Milan, which was the birthplace of Thomas Edison. As we were walking, I tripped on the side walk and scraped my knees. Ugh.

We met Keith and Brenda at the Lemmy's Restaurant. Location joint near Sandusky. There is a legend that the Lake Erie Monster is kept in the basement.

While we were there, we did a Letterbox. Cool. And then I had to "throw" the potato down to Lemmy in the basement. A huge clammer was made when Lemmy caught my potato.

After dinner, Keith and Brenda drove us to the yatch club where the 36 foot Person is docked. Keith and Brenda were very thoughtful and considerate in out needs. They were very clear on how everything works. We had our own little room. Just room enough to lie die. They had a system. It was best to walk down to the public showers and take showers there each morning.

The 36 foot Person is docked right across from the Cedar Point Amusement Park, which is famous for the roller coaster rides. You could see them, and you could hear the people screaming too. Pretty impressive. Even at night, when the lights were shining on the huge structures.

We went to bed around 9:30pm. Our room was very very small. You have to get into the bed to shut the door. We had the AC on which made it very comfortable this hot summer night.

I started getting a small cough late Thursday night and was kinda sore on Friday, with no voice definitely by Friday night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb