Visit and Sally and Bill Strebig


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Troy
August 4th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.0399, -84.2039

After a nice breakfast on the patio, and FACETIME with G'daddy to see how he was doing, Glenn and I came inside and started working on the computers.

I mentioned to Glenn that Bill and Sally Strebig were just about 30-40 minutes away. We called them up and they invited us over for lunch - Goolosh. Delicious. Fresh tomatoes from their garden.

We sat around the kitchen table, just reliving our friendship over the years. Bill reminded us that the first time we met, was in 1996. They were going down to Bolivia to visit their son, Dan, and we were returning to Bolivia after a year of furlough.

We have since seen them several times, like in 1999 when Dan married Jenny in Bolivia, and in 2000 when we dropped Ellen off at Moody and we were headed to NC to see a college for Karen and other friends and supporters. Glenn and I stopped by Troy, Ohio in 2010 just briefly plus we saw Bill and Sally in Panama last September at the 100 year SAM Celebration!

We had a little iPhone lesson. Bill had just gotten a new phone and had some questions - such as how to disable the ring tone when a text message comes through or some other things. I also gave him some "apps" that are fun to have, such as ISS Spotter and Rome2Rio travel app. We also talked about their family cruises and other cruises that they have been on. Glenn gave them some Guatemalan coffee and we had a short prayer - praying for their ministry here in Troy, Ohio.

We returned back to Inn Keeper's ministry late in the afternoon after Glenn stopped at a Toyota dealer to get a part for the RAV 4. It will have to be ordered, so he'll do that another day.

Once we got back, Glenn and I "reorganized" our stuff into our 2 overnight bags - next stop will be 2 nights on a 36 Foot Sailboat sailing Lake Erie.

I also got sick and stayed in bed most/all the evening. Glenn did a load of wash and is loading the RAV 4 up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb