Cedar Point with the Girls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Sandusky
August 22nd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hill asleepHill asleepHill asleep

in the car on the way to Cedar Point!
Susan and her daughters, Hillary and Allison, and her niece, Jennifer took a long weekend and headed to Sandusky, Ohio to Cedar Point!
Hillary and Jennifer have been to Cedar Point a number of times with their Aunt and a friend or two of hers. Susan and Allison had never been. Susan's excuse was that she was in school for so long. SO, the girls thought it'd be a nice graduation trip for her!
We left Harrisonburg at midnight, Thursday, September 21. Drove to Bryce and picked up Jennifer. Arrived at the park about 10 a.m. Friday 9/22, after enjoying breakfast. Would have been there a couple hours earlier except we got turned back at Berkeley Springs WV (almost in MD) because of a hostage situation! Took 9 back to 81 then North and headed west again--took at least an extra 1.5 hours!
Spent most of Friday at the park, crashed Friday night after dinner in the park. Spent most of Saturday in the park, including about two hours floating around the "lazy river", in their Water World, sort of napping, a couple hours in Friday's (in the hotel), slept very soundly again. Drove home on Sunday, again via Bryce (to deliver Jennifer home).
Great time! thanks, girls!

WE Recommend:
STAY at a hotel at the park. was so VERY convenient to be able to just walk in, ride, go back, eat, take a nap. We stayed at the Breakers. had a fridge but no microwave so we could keep our leftovers (great for salads and fruit) but couldn't warm up others or cook new things. i thought the prices IN the hotel were a bit much but that was to be expected. Be warned--NO Coke on the premises (hotels, machines, grounds of the park) which was a bit of a 'burden' to some of our group! water's water, so i didn't care. Staying at an onsite hotel also gets you in to the park one hour earlier for specific rides. that's the only way we got on Maverick in a (sort of) timely manner.
ALLOW at least a day and a half and that's if you're very organized and a great walker and there at a low rider time. we went one of the recommended weekends (first or second week that school was in) and Friday was definitely different than Saturday.
DO your research: do you want height, speed, curves, or to see the scenery; do you like metal or wooden roller coasters? It is a beautiful park if you want to wander around but emphasis is on the rides.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

RidesRides
Rides

Dragster on the left and the beginning of the Magnum on the right.
0823MagnumfromWaterWorld0823MagnumfromWaterWorld
0823MagnumfromWaterWorld

Magnum--we rode it very first and last (at night that time)
StocksStocks
Stocks

Allison, Hillary and Susan


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb