North Dakota to Minnesota


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

North Dakota to Minnesota


Oil Derricks are poppong up every whereOil Derricks are poppong up every whereOil Derricks are poppong up every where

we heard people were becoming millionaires over night, leasing the mineral right to their land
Thanks to the mosquitoes, we got to eat at MacDonald’s again for breakfast. We both need to go back on diets as soon as we get home. Driving across North Dakota was much the same as yesterday’s drive through Montana. Lots of small towns, accent on the small, with populations of less than 100. Oil derricks are popping up everywhere in ND and people are becoming very rich, leasing the mineral rights to their properties. I hope it catches on and we start producing more of our own oil in this country.

Passing through Minot as we did on the way out, seemed as nothing had really changed. Eating out of the box, (big silver thing on our bumper) we made sandwiches for lunch near Devil’s Lake. Continuing on Route 2, we drove through Grand Forks, ND, over the Red River, and entered Minnesota and the scenery improved markedly.

The Chippewa National Forest was home to several beautiful lakes and pristine forest. In Grand Rapids we crossed over the Mississippi River, which looks like it has it’s beginnings very nearby. There is a Corp of Engineers campground here, that I am pretty sure, Ken and Janice might have stayed at before, they love staying in them. We found an American Legion campground, which was a very friendly, family-oriented place with swimming and docks on a pond.

We watched a pretty sunset from the dock, after which, we were entertained by the family across the street, lighting off fireworks. It was the first and only display we saw in celebration of the Fourth. Exhausted, we were in bed before 8:30.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

bridge over Mississippibridge over Mississippi
bridge over Mississippi

Must just be the begining of the river- no boats are getting under this bridge


Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 94; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb