We're in Oriental!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
November 7th 2013
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Oriental Marina and HotelOriental Marina and HotelOriental Marina and Hotel

(and Inspiration is at the dock)
Geo: 35.0308, -76.6933

This was one of the stops that everyone talks about…so I really wanted to see it! Cute town, all the amenities…but we only stayed two days because we wanted to GET SOUTH!!!

Nov. 8th, 2013 – Oriental, NC

Hi all,

After a 12 hour / 80 mile day, we arrived in Oriental, NC last night at 6pm. We were thinking of stopping and anchoring around 3:30pm, but the Admiral, (that would be ME!) turned to Tony and said, "Let's just keep going!" What started out as a rainy day, turned into a lovely one, and by the time we arrived in Oriental, it was around 70 degrees. T-shirt weather!! I love it!

Oriental is very cruiser "oriented"! 😊 We are at the Oriental Marina, which is also a hotel. The facilities are great! There are towels, shampoo, soap - all the amenities of a hotel room - available in the shower areas, the tiki bar and restaurant are very welcoming, and there's laundry. The town is filled with marine supply stores! There are a LOT of boats and people here! We've already bumped into three boats that we know!

Jimmy and Randy should be on their way down as I type this! They
left Toronto this morning! We are making the short jump to Beaufort, NC to meet them. Beaufort is only 20 miles away. It cooled down overnight, and it's only in the 50's this morning. I'm hoping the sun is going to warm things up before we leave.

Prior to our arrival in Oriental, we anchored at Deep Point just before the Alligator River /Pungo River Canal entrance. It was a calm night and anchor #2 held well. In fact, Tony thinks that we were simply held by our chain all night as the anchor had very little mud on it when we brought it up.

Thank you, everyone, for the emails you have sent us! I'm sorry that I haven't replied to everyone, but my internet time is very limited. Please keep the emails coming! I'm so thrilled to receive them!!

Love and kisses!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb