Taking a bite out of the apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
July 3rd 2013
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

This morning we awoke and headed straight to the Hudson River. We planned to board a two hour cruise seeing the sights of New York. We bought tickets and awaited the start. Once on board we were lucky enough to get a seat in the top deck. It was a beautiful day as we sailed along looking at Manhattan skyline and circled the Statue of Liberty. As we approached the Yankees Stadium fate decided we had had too much sun and the heavens opened. It was torrential so we took refuge but still got soaked! Typical British Weather!

Once we docked we walked to the High Line which was a public park which was on an abandoned elevated train track. This gave beautiful views and offered a spectacular differing view from the skyscrapers and busy roads around us.

We then took the subway to fifth avenue to check on the Empire State Building. We then had a quick bite to eat before jumping back on the subway to get to the Citi Field stadium.

Tonight the New York Mets were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. We arrived at the stadium and took to our seats. But then fate once again decided to bring rain down on us. The rain was pouring and they announced a rain delay. The game finally got under way at 9pm and we were having a ball.

We had to leave at the top of the 8th inning as it was approaching midnight and we wanted to get to the Empire State Building before its last elevator at 1:15pm. The views from the top were beautiful but a little cloud covered. It was amazing seeing the Manhatten skyline light up in the night sky. We also paid a little extra to travel to 106 floor to view more. This was amazing and we could of watched New York go by for hours! However we had to get our tired feet to bed.

Just for the record the Mets game ended up with the home side losing 5-3!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb